Brixton Topcats Basketball Club deliver Community training sessions* at Brixton Recreation Centre for children and young people aged 5-19 of all abilities on Wednesday and Friday evenings.
- New players are always welcome and can join at any time during the season.
- Brixton Topcats are a cash-free club. All members are required to complete a membership form here in advance of participating in sessions.
- Our sessions are divided into ability groups to allow players to develop at their own level.
- Committed players can be selected from our club sessions and annual basketball trials to play for boys and girls (young men and women) Community Basketball League and Basketball England National League.
Brixton Topcats are committed to having a presence all throughout our community. From basketball community sessions, basketball holiday camps, planned tournaments and the recurring #JimmysJam – the annual celebration of Jimmy’s Rogers (founder of our club) Life – we are committed to making a difference in Lambeth Schools, Brixton and surrounding areas.
Welcome to the Brixton Topcats basketball family!
Training & Pricing Details
|Annual Membership (includes free T-Shirt)|
|Wednesday 6pm - 7:30pm||£3 (per session)||£4 (per session)|
Code of Conduct
The Code of Ethics and Conduct applies to everyone involved in basketball at every level under the jurisdiction of Basketball England, including players, match officials, coaches, administrators, club officials, and spectators.
At Brixton Basketball Club we have a responsibility to act according to the highest standards of integrity and to ensure that the reputation of basketball is beyond reproach.
Brixton Basketball Code of Conduct for Players (in accordance with Basketball England):
All affiliated players agree to:
- Treat everyone equally and sensitively regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnic origin, cultural background, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or political affiliation;
- Treat your team-mates and opponents, coaches, club officials and match officials with respect and consideration at all times - treat them as you would like to be treated;
- Not use foul, sexist, racist language or offensive gestures at any time;
- Know and abide by the rules and spirit of the game;
- Avoid violence and rough play and help injured opponents;
- Accept the decisions of the match officials without question or complaint (let your captain or coach ask the necessary questions) and avoid words or actions which may mislead a Match Official;
- Abide by the instructions of the coach and club officials, provided they do not contradict the spirit of this Code of Ethics and Conduct or the rules of basketball;
- Not attempt to improve individual performance with the use of banned substances / techniques;
- Condemn the use of recreation and performance enhancing drugs and abide by all anti-doping requirements;
- Give maximum effort and strive for the best possible performance through the whole game, even if it is considered already over;
- Concentrate on the game, do not react/respond to undue criticism from spectators, parents, opposition coaches or opposition club officials. Raise any concerns calmly and professionals to the club and match officials to respond, deal and report.
- Learn to accept victory and defeat with humility and dignity and without excessive emotional displays;
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team - your team’s performance will benefit and so will your own.
- Be a good sport, applaud all good performance, whether by your team or by the opponent;
- At the end of play applaud and thank your fellow players, opponents and the match officials.